OUR DEFINING STATEMENT
Kiwanis is a Global Organization of Volunteers Dedicated to Improving the World One Child and One Community at a Time
KIWANIS CLUB OF ASHEVILLE MOTTO
“To offer service and leadership opportunities to those who desire to serve the needs of children, youth and adults in our local community.The Six Objects of Kiwanis:
- To give primacy to the human and spiritual rather than the material values of life.
- To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
- To promote the adoption and the application of higher social, business and professional standards.
- To develop by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive and serviceable citizenship.
- To provide, through Kiwanis clubs, a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render altruistic services, and to build better communities.
- To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism, which makes possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism and good will.
Jessica Stavish, President
Windell Camanse, President-Elect
Colette Morris, Vice President
Elaine Grella, Secretary
Tony Seker, Treasurer
Jensen Gelfond, Past President
Board of Directors:
Scott Schwarzkopf, President
Darshan S. Sarai, Secretary
Tony Seker, Director
Russ Martin, Treasurer
JoAnn Morgan, Vice PresidentWhen and Where we meet:
- We meet each Tuesday at 12:00 p.m. at St. Mark’s Lutheran Church
- 10 N. Liberty Street (corner of Merrimon Ave. and East Chestnut St.) in Asheville
- Guests are always welcome!
- 12:00 to 1:00pm: Lunch, meet guests, announcements, reports, “happy pig,” etc.
- 1:00 to 1:30pm: The Program: informative, entertaining, timely; ends at 1:30 pm sharpWhat We Do Outside Of Club Meetings:
Dues: $150 Quarterly and Includes:
- Weekly luncheon – with guest speaker
- Subscription to Kiwanis International Magazine
- Contribution to worldwide service projects
- Fellowship and fun!
Our Club has adopted Johnston Elementary and will be helping them with needs throughout the year. For our first project we put on a Big Toy Day to reward those students who met their behavior goals for the first 6 weeks of school.
- Welcome our newest Kiwanian
- Kiwanians help Downtown Association on July 4th
- ABCCM Transformation Village Groundbreaking
- Bicycle Winner for Perfect Attendance
- 2017 Key Club Scholarship Winners
- Biltmore/Kiwanis 15k/5k Races
- Kiwanians working at the Asheville Tourist Game
- Kiwanis and Eliada Pancake Breakfast
- Thank you for your Service & Support